Last updated 28th July 2021
Revised Training Sessions
We are now opening the club for both Tuesday and Thursday sessions. That will be in the week starting 2nd August, with the first Thursday session being on 5th August. In addition, training groups will not be limited in numbers. On Tuesday there will still be 2 groups at different ends/sections of the field. On Thursday you will be divided into groups by the single coach present. You will still need to use the booking system outlined below, for whichever session(s) you wish to attend. You will now be able to shower but otherwise the protocols at Birley’s remain in place such as the one-way system.
We will now be allowing new members to join the club. However, prospective new members must first message us via the Contact Us form. Please do not simply turn up at a training session as you will be politely asked to leave. Please note also that you can have one free “taster” training session but after that you will need to join if you wish to continue training with the club.
Covid Secure Environment
We are classed as a Covid-19 secure environment.
The requirements for a Covid secure environment are as follows:
- Covid-19 officer is in place to assess the guidelines we have put in place – this is Sally Silver.
- Activity complies with Government guidance around social distancing, before, during and after
activity – see guidelines below.
- We have a list of participant contact details in the instance of Track and Trace. Please note
that these details may have to be shared with the government’s Test and Trace initiative if
required. If you believe your details have changed, please inform
email@example.com who will direct you to the appropriate committee
- Everyone at the session maintains good hygiene and provisions are in place for this – see
- You must arrive to the club in good hygiene. DO NOT TURN UP WITH COVID-19 symptoms,
common cold and feeling generally unwell and if family members have the
aforementioned symptoms. If you do, you will be told to go home and may have a ban
from the club as you are risking club members’ health. If you are shielding or selfisolating DO NOT turn up for training.
- You can no longer just turn up to training; you will have to pre-book using the booking
- When you arrive at the club you must only arrive 5 minutes before your designated time
slot for your session and if you are early then you will have to wait in the car. You may only
congregate just before the session but in your designated bubble and socially distance by 2
metres. There will be no congregating at all before your time slot and after the session.
You will need to leave straight after the session.
- When you arrive you will have to use the hand sanitiser provided. Changing rooms are
closed so you will need to arrive to the club changed and ready to run and all you need
for the run.
- You will now be able to shower. Toilets will be open but it will only be one person allowed in
at a time and a one way system. If you need to use the toilet you enter from the main building
doors as normal and you exit through the back door in the changing rooms. You will then
have to use hand sanitizer as you would have been touching door handles. Birleys will
clean the premises following our session.
- At all times you are required to be socially distanced by 2 metres for briefings and the
sessions. IF YOU DO NOT OBEY this rule, the coach will give you one warning; if you repeat
the breach then you will be either be asked to leave or the session will stop for everyone.
There is a strict zero tolerance policy on this and if you do not obey this you will have a two
week ban from training with the club. The club does not want to do this but we have to ensure
the safety of all our members and their families.
- After the session you will need to use the hand sanitiser. You can now shower but otherwise there should not be any hanging around.
There is a booking system in place and you must use it to book training for Tuesday and Thursday training sessions. It is at https://booking.canterburyharriers.org . The booking system is still in place so we can keep a record of who will be attending sessions.
From Friday until Sunday 12 noon you can register to attend the session for the following Tuesday/Thursday. The committee have confirmed that no other form of communication will be accepted. Therefore texts, Facebook messages, emails to other committee members etc will not be accepted as it HAS to be via the booking system.
On Sunday afternoon the booking system will email you with your Tuesday training group and time and/or your Thursday training details. Your Tuesday time slot will be 6:55pm or 7:05pm and please arrive 5 minutes before your session. If you cannot attend your designated slot, please inform Yiannis ASAP.
You will be given a bubble to stay with each week because if anyone develops COVID-19 from that
bubble, we can track and trace the bubble. Everyone must obey these guidelines.
If you have any concerns or suggestions please contact me directly or a committee member.