Tuesday night sessions, which commence at 7pm sharp at the Birleys Sport Pavilion, mainly comprise speed work or hill work. These sessions are actually very good for people relatively new to running since they can rapidly improve strength, aerobic efficiency and endurance. Furthermore, the number of repetitions attempted can be built up over time.
In the winter (between October and March), the venues used include the following (each hyperlink goes to a map pinpointing the location):
- Wincheap Industrial Estate (400m and 800m repetitions)
- St Stephen’s Playing Fields (1000m repetitions)
- Eliot College footpath (hill sessions)
In the summer, the venues used include the following:
- King’s School Sports Field (various short distance repetition training)
- University fields (hill circuits)
In addition, there is usually a group of runners that will forego the heady excitement of the speed session and instead go out for a steady run.